New Services Available
- Ford GWFS V4
- Belgium Block
- Drop Testing to PF-3834
- Balance Weight Test to PF-13520, SAE J1986
- InMetro Testing of Steel and Aluminum Pass Car and Truck Wheels:
- NBR 6750 (Steel Wheels)
- NBR 6751 (Truck and Bus Wheels)
- NBR 6752 (Aluminum Wheels)
- NBR 8094 (Salt Spray and CASS Test)
- Uniformity Testing:
- ISO/IEC 17025 accredited to perform radial and lateral runout per GM TWS Wheel Uniformity Requirements.
- Static Imbalance Testing on passenger car wheels
- Commercial Truck Testing per J267
About Independent Test Services:
Independent Test Services (ITS) is approved to conduct wheel testing for all the major Original Equipment (OE) vehicle manufacturers in North America. Additionally, we are ISO 17025 accredited to perform the SAE standardized tests and uniformity measurements along with internal and external calibration of wheel test machines and uniformity analyzers and.
ITS has SAE J328 Radial fatigue test stations with load carrying capability up to 111,000 N (25,000 lb). Our radial stations will accommodate up to 26 inch diameter wheels.
ITS has four SAE J328/J2530 Bending fatigue (rotary fatigue) machines which accommodate up to 26 inch diameter wheels at up to 8,000 Nm (6000 lb-f). Our eccentric mass bending fatigue machine rapidly tests wheels to high cycles.
Impact Testing: ITS can perform both new SAE J175 and old SAE J175, in addition to numerous other impact test configurations. The machines are fixtured for 13, 30 and 90 degree inclinations.
Control Systems and Equipment Sales:
Fatigue Test Equipment: ITS has developed a database and control systems that are unique to wheel testing operations. Our control systems can be customized to your radial and rotary equipment making testing easier and more effecient.
Uniformity Analyzer Machines: ITS can retro-fit existing uniformity machines or build custom manual or automatic measuring machines to suit your needs.